Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! STANDBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

hessan

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
US
please help me
i cant select the option standby when shutting off? its not even there. what happened?

Your Power Management options may be turned off. Check the Control Panel's Power Options and/or Display Properties.

It may also be that your computer doesn't support Advanced Power Management (APM) or ACPI. Or, it may be that your BIOS Setup has disabled it. Check your computer's user's guide or look for a keyboard option when first powering on or rebooting to find the key that enters the BIOS Setup program. (F1 and Del are common keys used for this purpose.) Be cautious, though; changing the wrong settings in BIOS Setup can cause your computer to stop working, or even burn out. Rick Sprague

i did but it still doesnt show up! do you think i should reinstall windows ME because i caould select standby in 98

For Windows ME:
run Msconfig, click Advanced, check Standby feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back