Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: sniffer pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
VN
Help:problem with sniffer pro !!

When i start the soft and after to have selected remote access card during the installation program (i get as requirement a modem), this message appears:

"the sniffer pro software is not licensed for the function, you are trying to access ..."

Why ?
How to do ?

Sorry for my english, i'm french

Thanks

sneak@nomade.fr

Hi,

It depends why this happens. I assume that you are using Sniffer Pro 4.0 or 4.5
Normally it is because you have used a wrong serialnumber when installing the product. Check your serialnumber.

Anyway Sniffer 4.0 or higher will not work with a modem anyway. I remember it used to work with ver. 3.5

Hi,
Sniffer Pro WILL work with a modem if your WIN 95/98/ME....
Im using it now...
Keith

Hi,

To snif over the dial up adapter, you need to have the Pro Wan License.
Currently, You may have only the Pro Lan license.

Regards.

Franck NOLLOT
Franck_nollot@nai.com

When i start the soft and after to have selected remote access card during the installation program (i get as requirement a modem), this message appears:

"the sniffer pro software is not licensed for the function, you are trying to access ..."
A: I assume you are using 4.0 or newer?

Why ?
A:The "GRANT NUMBER" you entered is NOT valid for the Topology (Token Ring, FDDI, Ethernet, High Speed, what ever...) that you are trying to bind Sniffer with. With the Grant Number you have, you can ONLY Sniff the Topology you purchased.

How to do ?
A: Please check with your Sniffer Sales and get the right Grant Number for the product you purchased.

Sorry for my french, i'm American

Billy Johnson - TNV/SE

The serial number that you received is case sensitive. Double check that it was entered EXACTLY as you received it otherwise you'll get the message that you're reporting. Cut and paste if possible.

John Savage
Sniffer SE
Dallas

hi

does any1 know where i can download a trial version of sniffer pro 4.5 for win 2000 ?

thanks

m khan

Are you trying to use the console to connect to a DSS monitoring a topology that was not covered by the purchase License (grant number)you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back