Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help showing date last modified 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlbridge

Technical User
Jun 23, 2011
US
Good Morning!

Let me first explain how this database is set up before I get into what exactly I need help with. The company I work for has a report that is sent out weekly to the executives. Each department has a section in this report. Before this week, each department typed something in Word and sent it to an admin to copy and paste each section into a single document, print to PDF and send to corporate. I was asked to make this process simpler. So, I created a database. Each department has one or more forms that update one or more tables. Most of the departments have a single table with a single row that they will update. Allow Additions is set to no. Then, I have a report that compiles all of the sections, using subreports. The database works great and everyone seems really happy about it.

Here is the problem...

If someone doesn't update their section, then last week's information gets sent in the report to the executives. They would like something, either in the report itself, or on the switchboard, to show the date it was last updated. For the single row, single table sections, this is simple. I added a field called Date Modified and created a macro to set the value to =Date() in the forms BeforeUpdate event. That works well. However, a few of the sections have multiple lines. No lines will be added or deleted, but I don't want a date for each individual line. That will get to be way too much. I would just like one single text box that shows the last time that table was updated. Also, is there a way to add that to the switchboard? Or will it just have to go into the report?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. :)

Hm... I could try that. Seems simple enough... I'll let you know how that works out. Thanks.

Worked perfectly. Thanks. So simple... I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back