Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: Should I use an Access Pivot Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDMRDM

Programmer
Apr 9, 2007
US
I am working with a table of 20,000 records. I need to capture email address which is one of the fields in my table. I need to allow my users to select the criteria they want for the names they want. Such criteria might be selecting Full Time or Part Time employees, Males or Females, and Location. Once they make their selection, I want to show the email addresses for their criteria. Would you suggest I use a AutoForm Pivot Table in Access? If so, do you have any advice on how to go about this? Thanks in Advance for any help on this.

I would suggest you use SQL, as I suggested in reply to a previous post on this topic.

That codes a little over my head for developing. I am just trying to come up with a way to allow my users to narrow down the criteria they need in order to get the email names they would like. Thanks.

There is very little to it, all the work has already been done by FancyPrairie. All you need to do is to create a form with various boxes, option buttons etc that your users can fill in. Then cut and paste the BuildWhere code into a module and follow the instructions concerning tags. Once done, fill in the form and type ?BuildWhere in the immediate window. It should return a structured Where statement that you can use with a query or form.

For anyone who is curious, the FAQ is:
Build Report Criteria via a Form w/list box, text box, date range
FAQ181-5497: Build Report Criteria via a Form w/list box, text box, date range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back