Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help setting up a linked server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessSQLUser

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
US
I would like to set up a linked server to another SQL server. I'm a little bit confused about what I should put for the login. I can't seem to get it to work.

Morning ...

It looks as if you have found where to add the linked server so you are almost there. If not, it is under the Security .. Linked Servers tab of Enterprise Manager. After that right-click on the linked server tab and choose Added ... Choose the SQL Server radio button and check "Data Access", "RPC" and "RPC Out". Go to the Security Tab you are currently on and check the radio button that says "They will be mapped to " Then set the remote user box to the "sa" account if that is set on your remote server and of course its associated password. I believe that should cover it. Thanks for all the help ... As Usual

J. Kusch
Chameleon Solutions, Inc.

Ok. That worked but we use Windows Authentication to log onto the servers. Is there anyway to use Windows Authentication to log onto the linked server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back