Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help setting caller-id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2009
US
Hi,
I believe this can be done with the from-internal statement and specifying what extensions I'm interested in...but here's what I want to do...

If a certain group of extensions (maybe I note them individually in one line or create multiple entries, one for each different ext?) calls outside, I'd like to tell asterisk to set the caller-d number for those outbound calls to (insert whatever caller-id I want here). Now, if another group of extensions calls outside, I'd like to specify a different number to use as the caller-id number. I believe this is possible but I'm not an asterisk expert so you tell me :). Basically, I've got two groups of people (maybe 10 in one group and 7 or so people in another group) that are calling out and each group needs to use their own special caller-id number so the caller will call back to the correct number (group of people). I need to specify several extensions for each group.

Know what I mean? can you provide a good example of the code for that???

The answer is maybe.

Will your phone carrier allow you to customize the caller-id?

I have seen some carriers which not allow.

If they do allow, then yes, you can change each extension can have a unique caller-id, they can even have a unique internal caller-id.

Yes, they allow it. Do you have an example of the proper code I'd use?

We use TrixboxCE. If you are familiar, the GUI is tied to Mysql which is then tied to Asterisk.

I will look in code to see, but the GUI gives you the Caller-id field to fill in.

in extensions.conf

exten => 100,4,Set(CALLERID(all) = John <2145551212>)

I'll check that out. I was expecting it might be a couple lines. One with from-internal used to ID the ext's in question and another line with the set calleid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back