Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: Set Order of Group on an Access Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDMRDM

Programmer
Apr 9, 2007
US
I have a report that is grouped by 3 categories. Currently these 3 groups are showing up in Ascending order on my report. The 3 groups are Growth Relationship, Off Campus, Trusted Partnership. That is the order they are currently showing on the report. I would like to have their groups ordered by Trusted Partnership, Growth Relationship, Off Campus. Question is, how would I go about changing this on the report. I saw the field "Order By" in the report properties, but wasn't sure if this is what I should use and wasn't sure how it should be entered. Thanks in advance for any help.

Look for the Grouping and Sorting button on the toolbar when you have the form in design view.

It's a report I am wanting to sort. Yes, I found the sorting/grouping button, however, I am only able to sort in Ascending or Descending order. I don't want it either of these orders. I want to be able to set the order of the 3 categories. Thanks.

Add a calculated field in the underlaying query and group/sort on this field:
SortOrder: IIf([category field]='Off Campus',3,IIf([category field]='Growth Relationship',2,IIf([category field]='Trusted Partnership',1,0)))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks PHV. That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back