Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP !! SCREEN FREEZE WINDOW 95/98

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONDI

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
PE
PLEASE, I AM DOING SUPPORT TO PC WITH FOXPRO APPS, BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS 95/98 IT HAVE RELATION TO VIDEO, THE SCREEN FREEZE IF I AM WORKING ANY PROGRAM AND I STOP ANY MINUTES, WHEN I WANT CONTINUE..THE SCREEN FREEZE AND I HAVE TO RESTART MY PC... ANY OBS OR COMMENT??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP....(SORRY WITH MY ENGLISH, I SPEAK SPANISH)

GONDI

Is this FoxPro DOS or FoxPro for Windows? What version and update level? Does the application use a CONFIG.FP(W) file? What's in it?

Rick

RGBEAN, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, I THINK MY PROBLEM IS WITH WINDOWS 95/98 BECAUSE IT FREEZE WITH ANY PROGRAM NOT NECESARY WITH FOXPRO, WITH ALL PROGRAMS (OUTLOCK, PROGRAM PLAYS ETC.). I DONT KNOW WHY,

HAVE YOU ANY OBS?

THANKS FROM PERU

GONDI

Start with a disk cleanup/defrag. Your swap file could be corrupted or too big.
Dave S.

I guess I agree with Dave, I've successfully run many FPD, FPW, and VFP applications under Win 95 and 98 for many years, so it must be a hardware or software configuration problem. Please supply more information so some possibilities can be eliminated.

Rick

I would say, don't west time backup your data and formate HDD and install win95/98 with best installable CD. (If there is C: and D: drive copy all valuable data to D: and format C: and install operating system.)

I also had a computer freeze, especially when scrolling, and suspected the monitor display. It is a KDS flat screen monitor using a Nvidia TNT2 Model 64 card; The OS is Windows 98.

The freeze would occur four to five times a session. I had to reboot to clear it.

I fixed the problem--no more freezing for over a week. I changed the acceleration to "none" in the advanced performance setting for display.

My screen refresh is a bit slower, but that beats having to reboot a frozen computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back