Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! Running a oracle query in batch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWResource

Programmer
Dec 24, 2002
FI
Hi All, I am learning some tricks, but still new as far as running a oracle query in batch is concerned.

Can anyone please let me know, how can I run a oracle query in batch mode. Meaning that if query has some inserts into a table then how can I add commit at end, fire a query and just forget about it ??

I am running the query using VPN connection. So how can query still keep running even if VPN connection is lost or oracle connection is down (Except DB being shut down)....??

Thanks in advance.....

Do you run your task as Oracle job or use another tool? Regards, Dima

Right now I am running in Toad but can use any method which is available in oracle....

Give a look at dbm_job package. I assume that your task does not need any interaction with external world, e.g. all the data it need reside within Oracle. Regards, Dima

Oops, a typo, should be DBMS_JOB Regards, Dima

I will start looking at docs but since I am new so could you give me more info ... Thx...

No additional info: just read specification and use it! The idea is that you may schedule your (iterative) job by specifying WHAT and WHEN to do. Tip : don't forget to check job_queue_processes and job_queue_interval init params.
Regards, Dima

Hey By the way which manual can I find this in ...????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back