Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help.....Run Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmontilla

MIS
May 16, 2001
US
i am run a report from forms used:
DECLARE
repid REPORT_OBJECT;
v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
BEGIN
repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('ECO01');
v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
END;

and not run...say me the errors:
FRM-41219: Cannot Find Report Invalid ID
FRM-40738: Aegument 1 to Builtin RUN_REPORT_OBJECT Cannot be null...

PLease Help me....and new with Oracle9i

I don't think there is a report object named ECO01 in your
database. FIND_REPORT_OBJECT is returning NULL into
"repid". And RUN_REPORT_OBJECT fails because it can not
run a NULL report_object.
.. Eat, think and be merry .
... ....................... .

'ECO01' is my report (rdf) and it is in 'C:\ECONOPACK\ECO01'

From METALink:

This message essentially means that the report cannot be found. Specifying the correct name of a report object found in the forms object navigator (not the actual name of the rdf file) usually resolves the problem.

To do this double click on the 'Reports' node in the object navigator of your form and select the Report accordingly. You can double click on the Report object to see
its property sheet where you can change/set different parameters.

Also, check your report object name given in FIND_REPORT_OBJECT built-in. It should
be the report object name as displayed in Object Navigator.

Does your REPORTSxx_PATH include C:\ECONOPACK ? It should, because without it reports can not find report (or need fully specified path).

Did you really include c:/econopack? I mean where's a typo, in your posting or in your registry?

Shouldn't it be c:\econopak, Windows doesn't use forward slashes (/) in the path..

And make sure you are using the report name as I posted above rather than the filename. .

yes i used c:\econopack....
I maked the report in the forms object navigator...

the error is diferent:
REP-0503: You did not Specify the name of a report

in the trigger WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED i have:
DECLARE
repid REPORT_OBJECT;
v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
BEGIN
repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('ECO01');
END;

You should set FILENAME report property during run- or design time . In general FILENAME may not be equal to NAME property of report object.
You may also use RUN_PRODUCT instead. In this case you'll pass report file name.

I have the same code as above.
DECLARE
repid REPORT_OBJECT;
v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
BEGIN
repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('C:\myFiles\rp_test');
END;

I embeded this code in a button in a form, I can compile it, but when I deploy the form on the web, the button doesnt' work. By the way, rp_test is a .jsp file, I am supposed to use the name of it, right? the report file name and report module names are same: rp_test.

What's wrong with it?

Thank you!

Try to read the WHOLE thread. Do you REALLY have REPORT OBJECT, defined in your form and named 'C:\myFiles\rp_test'? Bet you don't. You also can not launch jsp by RUN_REPORT_OBJECT, PLEASE, READ IT DESCRIPTION IN ONLINE HELP.
Try web.show_document instead.

Regards, Dima

Sorry, don't be mad at me, please. but I did read the whole thread several times. I did include rp_test.jsp under 'report' node in form. All my file name, report node name(object name?), report name are same as rp_test. I did try using both FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('C:\myFiles\rp_test')and FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('rp_test'), they can compile, but they just dont' run from the deployed form.

You mentioned "You also can not launch jsp by RUN_REPORT_OBJECT", I read on-line help and googled a lot, everyone just mentioned run_report_object(object name), but what's regarded as a object? I tried to import either .jsp or .rdf files, I thought the object name should be the report node name in forms navigator, but they don't work. After compiling, .jsp or .rdf are the only files I can get.

Thank you!

Existance (accessibility) of the report is checked during RUNTIME, NOT DESIGN time, thus successfull compilation means about nothing. Check repid value. If NAME property of your REPORT OBJECT (an element in tree) is rp_test, it should be not null. But I doubt you may launch jsp by report engine, I suppose you should specify rdf file instead.

What kind of deployment and Forms version do you use?

P.S. If you've read the whole thread, you couldn't post

repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('C:\myFiles\rp_test');

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back