Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help required with sets resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetter747

Vendor
May 1, 2003
CA
Hello, we have a situation with the following The system has a software version SP30mlF01 NAT. The Call Pilot is version CP 02.00.47.00. The trunk cards have been swapped. This has happened on other extensions before over the past couple of years. The system is being used as a call centre with agents & skill set answering after 20 seconds. Any suggestions, please?

I am not clear on what your problem is. Are you saying the sets are resetting? Resetting to what...Default?
Do you know what actual default is?
Has someone been trying to move phones around?

3 extensions on ports 116, 132 and 402 spontaneously reboot sporadically.
The trunk cards have been swapped. The system has a software version
SP30mlF01 NAT. The Call Pilot is version CP 02.00.47.00

Don't know why these 3 only. It doesn't fit to be wiring related, they are in different corners of the office. This is not the first time this happened, last time it was a different set of extensions.

Trunk cards or the Call Pilot won't cause the sets to "reboot". If it was the same sets find out what is common with them, but you say its not. I would look at wiring first. Are the cables connected to the ksu securely?

Make sure the amphenol is securely fastened to the KSU.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

All wiring is secured, no loose connections & no splices. thank you for taking your time to help me.

I once installed a KSU close to a large (and well hidden) transformer that caused the entire system to reboot once in a while.

do the 3 extentions reboot at the same time or all at seperately ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back