Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help required rad asm 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish1542

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
IN
Hi

I need some info on RAD ASM 20 leased line modems having the g.703 interface. On these modems there is a lamp labelled LOS, what does LOS mean, and when the modem in not connected to any network, i.e say i am testing it, should the LOS lamp be lit. The modem someone said was faulty, but when i ran the analog loopback test (ANA and then PATT) it worked fine. Please advice.

LOS means LOS of SIGNAL. Probably because there is nothing connected to the G.703, try to connect a hard loopback and see if it goes off.

Thanks Lucas,

You were very helpful. I too think that the LOS was present as there was nothing connected. However we have two modems here, both with the g.703 interface, one of them shows the LOS while on the other the LOS lamp is not lit.......hence the confusion.....and to add to it.......someone said that when the asm20 is not connected to the telco network, there shouldnt be any LOS signal. However i will try out the hard loopback as suggested by you. Thanks for the username and password to the RAD site. Thanks a million!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back