Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help required - modem won't pickup on VM - switch modem works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastuart

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2009
US
hello;

We are trying to get more licenses for our VM system. The modem the VAR needs to call into won't pickup. The modem for the switch did. I can hear the phone system on the wall click with the rings, but the modem never picks up.

Definity.jpg

I've tried another modem and confirmed it's the correct line. It didn't pick up, either. The other modem had the ability to "make busy" the line. The modem is attached to the tower unit on the floor.

Is there something I need to do at the terminal to get the modem to pick up? Any recommendations?

Issue was finally resolved after many software upgrades and two modems . . .

You need to check your connections from the modem to the Intuity..make sure they are connected correctly. How long has it been since the Intuity has been re-booted? What is your VAR seeing...blinkinig cursor after the modem answers?..I would try a re-boot....

...bob...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back