Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - replication issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemel

MIS
Oct 17, 2005
US
Hi,

Today we set up replication between a 2005 and 200 server.

2005 is the publisher/distributor and 2000 is the subscriber.

The set-up seemed to go just fine. However, when we attempt to change the data (that is, do an update on a row) in one of the replicated tables, we get an error message saying that it "CAN'T DROP THE table, because it's used in replication".

This makes little sense... does anyone know why it's trying to drop the table when we perform a simple update??

THANKS

Did you apply the initial snapshot?? When the snapshot agent runs it will drop and recreate the article at the subscriber by default.May be the subscriber table is source for different publication....

Cyno

What kind of update are you performing? Is it literally a field value being changed (i.e., A to B) or a column datatype or an index?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"The only stupid question is the one that *wasn't* asked.

Could you post your solution so anyone who might need help with this issue in the future can do a search on this thread?

Thanks,

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA

Actually, my solution wouldn't help anyone b/c it turns out I restored the wrong backup - once I restored the correct backup, everything worked ok.

Whoops! @=)

Glad it worked out for you. @=)

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back