Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Replica problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjellisuk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
GB
I have a netware 6 server with a sub ref stuck in a new state. This partition does not exist on any other server. Someone seems to have removed it from the replica ring too! I need to delete this partition somehow, can anyone plzplz help?

You need top look at tid 10026822 one thing before you do anything ideally the partition needs to have a master on a server that is not the one not having problems. Even though you have a sub ref stuck you might still be able to promote one of your other servers to be master of the partition. I had the same problem just this weekend. Its a bit scary lots of warnings about knacking up your NDS but it worked a treat.

If you have a server with a stuck Sub Ref, try adding a read/write to it. This should go through then remove it. I have had loads of occasions where sub ref's don't get removed or get stuck. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back