Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help renumbering extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

srjones

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
Can anyone provide information on renumbering extensions. We have recently completed our quarterly game of fruit basket turnover and I wanted to allow persons who relocated to keep their extensions. I could move the wires at the switch, but I know I can do this via programming because I've done it before.

Thanks.

I've also wanted to learn how to do this

I've got 'holes' in my phone system and would rather use 711-719, instead of going over 750

I am in the process of reprogramming our system at a new building that we just moved into and I have found all the manuals needed for the Merlin system at They are in PDF format and will cost you $20 for the set to download. A deal at any price. I am looking at the section that I think you need but don't want to let you know until I am sure that it will work. Don't want to mess up your system. Let me know. Check out Priority One if you need the manuals. They can't answer any specific questions since they only work on the phones themselves, but they do have the manuals. Just make sure you know the rev level of you system so you can order the correct manuals.
Frank Kiehner
frankk@microfacture.com

If you are going to do a system renumber then you need to start with the basics, you need to understand that NO 2 extentions in a system can have the same #. So if you are going to move extn. #'s then you must clear them first. Work with 2 numbers at a time untill you understand the entire process.
If X-110 and X-120 are changeing desks and you want to renumber them then the first step is to move one into "White space". So you will renumber X-110 to -> 7600. then you can renumber 120 to 110 and 7600 to 120. It is a 3 step process for all renumbering. 7600 is just a sudjestion on a "White Space" #. you can use any unused number in the system. Everything in the system renumbers in this way.
Now that the extns. have ben renumbered change programing accordingly.
**( You have just moved port #'s not programing!!)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back