Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help regarding Scheduler..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankarsr

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
US
Hi ALL,

I am trying to schedule a .bat file to run automatically in a specific time on WINDOWS NT 4.0 Server. But Task scheduler is not running as a service in my system(windows NT server) services. Can anyone please help me how to run task scheduler as service. when I add a new task to scheduler, it is accepting but it is giving an error message saying scheduler is not running automatically as service.

I am having IE6.0 on my system.

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Have Great 'n' Wonderful Day ...

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Just run services icon in control panel, click on Schedule and Start button. Click on StartUp button to change its default behavious to Automatic (so it will start when machine logs on).

PS. This is NT Workstation forum - forum55 (NT Server) is where you should really be posting this.

Thank you very much for your reply.

here the problem is Task Scheduler service is not at all running on the server services. So I cannot start, stop automate the serive start up style. So I need a procedure to add task scheduler as a service to the system. I can able to add a task but because it is not running as service, the automated task will not be started.

Thank you

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Is your Schedule service running (not Task Scheduler - that's 2k/XP)? (You are running NT?). If not - follow my previous instructions - then you can add task (AT /?)

If it is & still problem - please post back.

No service is running in my WINDOWS NT 4.0 Server system with name Scheduler or Task Scheduler. I can see Task Scheduler and I can add task. but the problem is that task will not be completed. because it is not running as a service in my system.

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

- any use?

You're sure you have no service called Schedule (not Scheduler)? - my NT server machine has that (running ie 6). It defaults to 'manual' start. If not started, I get 'The service has not been started.' when I try an AT command.

If this is not what you're trying - can you please say what you are trying.

I am sure I am not having that service.

I checked in some other system where Windows NT is running. there that service is running. In my server, it is not running

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back