Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help regarding Layer alignment!!!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demis

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
IN
Hello friends,

When i align my layer(visible) say on to the right side of the window.But when i resize the window the layer appears dislocated.When the browser window is maximised the layer comes to its original place

When you give a layer "coordinates" (for a lack of a better word) it will appear only in that location...how does it look in diff. resolution?? As for the screen size you can do one thing, have the window open full screen, and if the window opens smaller then that, then force the window to be maximized.
Let me know if you need any help with that ok?? I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

I'm working on a site that uses frames and I need to have the screen automatically maximize. Any chance you could post the code? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Tim

Sure man, this is what I used on the site I worked on:

<script>
function maXimize()
{
window.moveTo(0,0)
window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
}
</script>

Actualy someone else posted this in a different forum question, I think it was &quot;JennyM&quot;...just call this function as an onload...the (0,0) just means what size the window should it maximize to, the 0,0 is full screen... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

any way to run a javscript before onload?

Page needsto finish loading, then screen mazimises for this to work.

Any way around it?

Hi people!

To nippi (how you doing old friend? I haven't been here for a long-long time :)),
I'll tell you how I run JavaScript before page is complitly loaded.

I don't call a function but just simply put script code in the top. Like this

<html>
<head>

<script language=&quot;JavaScripr&quot;>
window.moveTo(0,0)
window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
</script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

I know that it could be not absolutely right &quot;by rules&quot;, but it works and I use it when need something to be done at the very beginning.

Really hope it may help :) Good Luck! :)

Eugene. your back too. I've taken leave of absence as well but came back recently as I've had some problems I couldn't fix(see css backgrounds on body in netscape.

Trying your code later tonight.

Right on!

sheiserbucket@hotmail.com anytime you want to send a resume if you are interested in some work. I know its not totally cool in this forum but figured i'd risk it.

where ru from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back