Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! Redirtects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaseboy

Programmer
Apr 24, 2002
GB
I have a site that contains links in a mysql database and uses php to produce the table of links, when someone clicks the link it jumps to a redirect page and updates the table to show that link (as a counter). (Basically a pay per click site)

Everything works fine "however" I've been checking stats for one of the sites I redirect to and my issuing site is not shown as a referrer therefore the people Im charging for the links arent seeing that Im sending people their way.

Is it that by using
Code:
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT=\"0; URL=$clickd\">";

It doesnt see the original site as a referrer? If so, then any ideas how to get round this?

*suddenly watching my dreams of beaches and Ferrari's drifting away!

you could send them to a jump off page like this:

redirect.php?site=
where the acctid is their particular account number that you're billing, pulled from the database.

and redirect.php then follows these steps:

1. db insert $_GET['referrer'] into the field under $_GET['acctid']
2. redirect to $_GET['site']

is that the idea you were looking for?

Im sending them to a redirect page and using php to update the database (which all works great) but it seems that META Refresh doesnt show the referring page in the receiving sites stats, these arent proper pay per click, just normal websites who will only be able to tell how many Im sending to them via their standard site referrer stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back