Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP - Redirecting E-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToaDz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2003
AU
Hi All,

Hope someone can assist or guide me in the right direction...

I am wanting to setup an e-mail address, where all messages are then
directed to a group of people. Here is an example:

E-mail Address to be setup: test@domain.com
Users to receive the messages: user1 (user1@domain.com) and user2
(user2@domain.com)

When e-mails are sent to test@domain.com internally or externally, I want
user1 and user2 to receive the messages. How can I set this up in Domino
R5.011?

Do I create the test@domain.com e-mail, as I would a normal user - Ie.
Domino Administrator | People and Groups | People | Register?

And then once this is done, setup a 'Multi purpose' or 'Mail only' group
called 'TESTING' for example, add the user1 and user2 as members of this
group and set test@domain.com as the 'Internet Address'?

Hope this makes sense and hope someone out there can assist.

Cheers,

ToaDz

Junior Domino Adminstrator

Just setup a multi purpose group and add the users. I've done it like this and it works fine.

So external users from different organisations will be able to send to the address and those users in the group will receive them?

I tried using an external hotmail account and received errors stating that the address did not exist.

I'll try again and see how I go.

Thanks!

You need to add an internet email address to the group.

Hi nickpark,

Not too sure what you mean. Could you clarify more?

This is what I have done in Domino Administrator:

1. Under the 'People and Groups' tab, I have created a new multipurpose group called 'Notifications'.

2. I've added the following users

John/Servername
Rick/Servername
Greg/Servername

3. I would like ANY messages (internal or external) that are sent to: notifications@domain.com to go to these 3 people.

I haven't registered a person (e-mail) address called notifications@domain.com (Notifications/Servername).

Do I simply type in 'notifications@domain.com' in the 'Internet Address' field in the multipurpose group document?

Don't I need to create the actual address 'notifications@domain.com' first and then add it into the 'Internet Address' field in the multipurpose group?

In any case, I have tried both, without success. I keep getting bounce-backs and failure notices stating that either the address does not exist or that "notifications@domain.com not unique. Several matches found in Name & Address Book."

The reason for setting this up is we are implementing new UPS software and notifications are sent to 3 IT Support representatives. The software requires a full Internet address such as something@domain.com.

I know in Exchange this would not be a problem. But in Domino I need HELLLPPP! I've search through IBM's support documents, other forums and the Domino Administrator help without any success.

Hope someone can help or advise.

Thanks everyone!

:)

>Do I simply type in 'notifications@domain.com' in >the 'Internet Address' field in the multipurpose group >document?

Yes, that is all you need to do. (At least in Domino 5)

Try renaming the group to something extremely unique like
&DistGroup_NewUPSSystemNotification
And email addy:
NewUPSSystemNotification@domain.com

Otherwise, sorry dunno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back