Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Rebuilding Raid 1 missing Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

power1243

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
GB
Hi guys,

I have setup Raid 1 ( mirrored) setup on Dell 2950 Server.

It was working fine untill yesterday. When i boot it in the morning it says:
1 Logical Drive degraded

I checked Disk configurations one drive is fine the other is missing. I tried to rebuilt the drive but its failed.

Can anyone help me with this problem, or at least point me in the right direction because I'm having trouble getting any info!

Thanks,

Have you tried re-activating the drive first? What exactly does it's status show as?

You can't rebuild with a missing drive (what are you going to rebuild it with?). If the drive is missing, the controller doesn't see it. This could be due to a failed drive, a bad connector, or a bad controller. Given the fact that the drive is the piece with the moving parts, it's likely the problem. You'll need to replace that drive, and then you can rebuild. Dell support should be able to walk you through everything.

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Contributing author Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: The Complete Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back