Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Pulling Settings from IP Office 500 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqone2

Technical User
Mar 22, 2015
US
Hey Tek-Tips, does anyone know a way that I can remotely pull the user and incoming call route settings from an IP Office 500 running version 9.0?

My goal is to write a script that will populate a company directory with our user's DIDs. I know that using Manager I can go to each box, export the settings to .csv, and then parse the files, but this is a very manual process. I would like to automate it and update the directory everyday with a script. Is there anyway to SSH or telnet? I know that I can access the backup configuration file on my voicemail server, but it appears as if this must be opened using the Manager application.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No. I do know how but it is sensitive info which can be used to hack the system.
That is not our goal here.

Yeah, definitely not trying to hack any systems. These are systems that I administer and I'm just trying to build a directory...

Are you saying your method is "out of the box", and involves hacking?

Yes, any data taken from the system without authenticated access from manager I consider as a hack.
Use powershell to automatic run manager, export a config to csv using keystrokes, read the data you need from the exported config and save/mail the results.

Do you know if it's possible to enable SSH or telnet on the unit?

You can use TAPI and write your own code. That's all I am saying.

IP DECT does it through TFTP and server edition does it through HTTPS. But I'm not sure if you need special passwords to do it the way server edition does.

I think it is short-sighted of Avaya to have a multi site system without an easy way of printing the directory. They have actually reduced this functionality by not showing all the scn users is SSA.

If you open all the configs using SCN discovery you can see a list of all users similar to SE but you can't export or print them. I have experimented with trying to get the user lists off the 500 via tftp but no luck.

A user list is something that customers ask me for all the time and I have not found an easy way to do it.

Avaya couldn't give a toss about such conveniences I'm afraid, we still can't easily create multiple users and extns with common settings without messing on with .csv files etc :)

Yes you can add multiple users with the same settings.
Step 1 : create a user and configure it as desired.
Step 1 : export as a template
Step 3 : Import from template
Step 4 : Set a starting user telephone number and the range you want to create.
Step 5 : Import the users names from a csv file listing the uesernames and extension numbers.
Done

Indeed, templates used to be SE only but that restriction appears to have disappeared in 9.1 and allows you multiple users in a single go..

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I think you are takling this from the wrong end

Changes do not occour on the IPO without someone accessing the system in a large organissation (& even small ones) there should be a process for administering these changes.
Part of this process should be to ammend the corporate dirctory document (which sould be considered a controlled document) at the same time.

iven in the most volatile of organisations it is rare for more than a handfull of changes to occor at any one tiem & a daily scrape of IPO even if practical would be overkill comapred to simply maintaining documetcation correctly.

Sometimes (most times) the simplest solution is best

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back