Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! Problems running my exe on other computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VB6User

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
US
When I run the program exe that I created on the computer that I created it, it runs properly and reads and writes to the database like it is supposed to. However, when I try to run the exe on any other computers, it won't run properly, or connect to the Access database. One error it displays is "Unexpecter error 339 Component Richtx32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid" and I get the same error (with a different error number) for the maskEdit Box. If I am correct, is it because these computers that I am trying to run the program on, don't accept the rich text box or the mask edit box because it is an added component. How do I solve this problem? How to I add the components to my compiled program so that it can run on ANY computer?

Thank you very much!
Please answer!
VB6user

you could try using the package and deployment wizard or else registering the components yoursek using regsvr32

You need to use the Package and Deployment wizard to create an installation for you. This will create an install program that will install your required components for you.

Good Luck

are you simply copying the exe file to the other computer(s) or have you run the package and deployment wizard. if you haven't used the package and deployment wizard yet I recommend trying that first...it will package all required components to an installation program which should allow the exe to run correctly

I usually run the package & deployment wizard just to see what it tells me, however if you have a compiled exe you simply want to move to another machine, you'll need all of the ocx's (or controls) that your program uses on the target machine. For example, if your using a flexgrid, find the msflxgrd.ocx and put a copy of it (I usually put it in Windows\System32, but anywhere reasonable will do) on the target computer. Then register the ocx. Try the Start > Run menu and type regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\msflxgrd.ocx. You then should get a confirmation message. Do the same for all of your unusual controls. Textboxes and such won't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back