Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uper5aiyan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
We are using using WYSE thin clients to connect to a Windows Server running Metaframe XP. Whenever anyone at one of our remote locations clicks to connect it pops up the screen like it's going to connect but just goes back to the screen the were just at. Nothing ever happens. Any ideas?

Do You get any message linke session timed out or session rest by peer on wyse terminal ? Do you see any disconnected session on the server? If you are using LE1200 wyse terminal try upgrading the firmware.

Yes there is a TS license service running and we have plenty of licenses. I am using 3125se WYSE terminals. When it goes back to the connection manager (I think that is what is called) it doesn't show the ICA connection as disconnected, active, or anything. It's driving me crazy.

I have seen this when the users don't have rights to run the published app. This is not in Citrix, but has to do with the location of the .exe or the data. We had users connecting to a published app, the pub app was a batch file that mapped a drive, then launched the app from the remote location. The rights were incorrect and we experienced the exact symptom you are asking about. Once the users were granted rights to the location of the files, everything was fine...just a thought!!

Mike Brown CCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back