Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please with distilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedger

MIS
Sep 21, 2001
GB
I've put together a long and complicated report in PageMaker. I've included several tables and Microsft chart objects.

I can output a ps file but when I try tro Distill into pdf file I the following error.

Help would be appreciated - what can I do..

%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: setcolor ]%%

Stack:
-mark-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%
thanks

Sedger

I can't really debug without seeing more of the PostScript program. But "setcolor" needs two things. 1) a decimal value between 0 and 1. You've got that, .34 or 34 percent of the color and 2) a current color in the graphics state.

I don't understand the "mark" on the stack nor the "typecheck" error, which is saying that ".34" isn't what it expects.

If you send me the PostScript, I can debug it for you. You can get my email address from my website.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

For the benefit of the group, the problem was that, for whatever reason, PageMaker wasn't doing basic EPS housekeeping with the embedded charts and tables.

I added "StartEPSF" and "EPSCleanUp" housekeeping procedures around each embedded chart and table and the code now distills fine.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Tom Greer for President. He's been tremendously helpful and got me out of a difficult spot.

Thanks Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back