Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please! seagate reports 7.0 on windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDL

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
AU
Is Seagate reports 7.0 compatable with windows 2000? I had used reports 7.0 in ASP to connect to SQL server in windows NT for my web application. But the same web application when run in windows 2000 , gives the following error
"CPEAUT error on server : 20614 - Back ground processing failed" .
Always this error occurs.But the web samples given by Seagate software works fine in windows 2000.
Can anybody help? Thanks a lof for reading.

CDL: FWIW I'm running v7 on W2K Server and no problems. Are you using Workstation or Server? Check that you don't have multiple (and differing) copies of CPEAUT32.DLL installed. Are you submitting a query for server processing? What type of data connection are you using? David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Thanks for replying.I will check out for CPEAUT32.dll as you told.I am using it as a server and I am connecting to SQL Server directly and not through odbc.The segment of code used for connecting is as follows:

session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1).SetLogOnInfo cstr(s_server), cstr(s_database), cstr(s_userid),cstr(s_pwd)

where s_server,s_database,s_userid,s_pwd are variables having the necessary information.I give the selection criteria at run-time.
Any idea what could be the problem?Thanks a lot.

CDL: To verify the action of your SetLogonInfo variables I suggest you first insert a response.write or msgbox immediately prior to the call which will confirm the current values of the variables.

If this checks out OK then my next suggestion would be to try removing the Item(1) entry and use Tables(1) instead David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Thanks.I checked the SetLogoninfo variables and they are right. I also used Tables(1) instead of Item(1) but still the problem is there.Also testconnectivity method returned false in Windows 2000, but returned True in Windows NT web server.Any idea about this?Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back