Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please. Can't uninstall WinDVD Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskang

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
GB
I am trying to remove the WinDVD program. Can you help? This is taking up 3.3GB of memory. The error message say "missing setup required files, please install with the original installation disc (0x0002)"

I will be very grateful if you know how to remove it.

Thanks

3.3gb of memory? You must mean hard drive space? Even that's a stretch. I recommend you get help, someone who knows how to edit the registry properly. The references to WnDVD can be removed from the registry and its files deleted from the program files folder in Windows. Get some help with this from someone who knows what he/she is doing!

Yes, the hard drive space of 3.3gb of memory for WinDVD creator. I want to remove WinDVD Creator everything. It would be great if anyone know the references to WinDVD that can be removed from the registry.

Thanks

First, please don't refer to hard drive space and memory as the same thing. They are different components in the PC.

3.3gb is hard to believe. Software like that just doesn't occupy that much space on a hard drive in a normal installation.

You can find all kinds of help here and elsewhere on the internet on how to properly edit the registry, but again I recommend that you find hands-on help, someone who knows how to do it right. A mistake with the registry can cause big problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back