Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, playing .swa file not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all!

I am currently working on a multimedia project which plays a swa file or an avi movie alternatively which user click a button on the stage.

When I use the swa file as a link to external and dynamically changing it's URL property, finally a play command is issued to the swa cast member when user click a button.

As I start the projector generated by Director 8, it works well under my machine and all things are under contorl. When I used some other machines to test it, some of them showing that no sound is played at all, but the swa file unless I play the avi movie before playing the .swa file. But I have tested the volume property and the state property, which is 255 and 1 respectively. That means the swa files are being played indeed.

I am using the MacroMix as the soundDevice and have tried to use the DirectSound as the soundDevice, but the result even worse...><... In addition, I have tried to use .wav format instead of .swa, but it didn't help... I think using .swa should be much better for distributing the end products because of it's small file size.

So, can anyone give me a solution of using the .swa format and play the sound properly??

Please help....

ANY ideas are welcome. ^^

Thanks in advance.

dear cheung
u can use the swa file by using the keyword the soundmix meida.
on startmovie (or mouseup)
the soundmixmedia = true
end
on stopmovie (or before going to next frame)
the soundmixmedia = false
end

i think this would help u.

pl go through this
the soundMixMedia
Description This global property enables Flash cast members to mix their sound with sounds in the score sound channels when it is set to TRUE. When it is set to FALSE, these sounds will not be mixed and must be played at separate times. This property defaults to TRUE for movies made with Director 7 and later and false for earlier ones.

This property is valid only on Windows. When the soundMixMedia is TRUE, Director takes over the mixing and playback of sounds from Flash cast members. It is possible that slight differences may occur in the way Flash sounds play back. To hear the Flash sounds exactly they would be rendered in Flash, set this property to FALSE.

this has given in dir help

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back