Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ! PIX PPPOE PPPOA ????...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbordeau

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
FR
Hi all,
I need help to know Pppoe or oa... with pix cisco.
My solution : I want to connect PIX 501 ou 506 to adsl connection. My isp run with PPPOA ....
What is the best solution ?
Can i connect PIX 501 to Modem ADSL ethernet and connect on PPPOe ? no ? if no, can i change connection type on my isp ? if my isp run with pppoe, i have no problem in this case ?
thank you for your help.

Hello JBordeau,

Read this and all the info is there :

I had 2 customers that didn't want to dish out for a ADSL with fixed IPs (around 200$ a month) so they opted for a DSL with PPPoE option (around 60$ a month). I just went through the document in the link above (just read the section about PPPoE client) and followed the instructions. It works fine. Just one thing, install the client software that your ISP sent you on a PC to test your connection (PW, username, DSL line activated, account activated) because you don't want start messing around with your pix trying to figure out a config problem when the only problem is on the ISP's end.

Just out of curiosity, do you live in the Montreal area ?

Anthony

Thanks awong.

Ok, i read this url. Ok, no problem. have you test VPN by 501 with IP fixed on this network ? Have you some information or configuration ? do you have test this configuration ?

FYI : No, i'm not in Montreal.... France -> West -> Laval City. sorry :)

Regards.

Jerome Bordeau

Hello JBordeau,

I haven't personally used the VPN function within the pix (VPN Server) but we do have clients that connect to their corporate servers through VPN using both Pix 501 and 506 and it works fine.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back