Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: Pivot Table auto-refresh problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

legrev

Programmer
Nov 4, 2002
PH
Hi! I created a pivot table that accesses data from a table. the problem is, it does not automatically refreshes everytime I updated the data and open the pivot table. Would it be possible to auto-refresh the pivot table? Thanks!!!

AFAIK a TRANSFORM ... SELECT ... PIVOT ... query always auto-refresh on open. Am I missing something ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Hi! Thanks!

I have a form that deletes a re-populates a table depending on a paramater. That table is the one being used by the pivot table. The pivot table would then be opened in excel but it always shows the previously ran report, it does not refresh according to the new set of data on the table.. would it be possible to refresh the excel pivot table everytime I open it from the form?

Take a look at the RefreshTable method of the PivotTable object.
You can try something like this in the Open event procedure of your workbook:
For Each pvtTable In Worksheets("Sheet1").PivotTables()
pvtTable.RefreshTable
Next

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back