Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! PC quicker than answer from terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSER72

Technical User
Aug 14, 2007
ES
Hi,

I'm trying to implement my first scripts with VBA and Reflection x however I would like some advice. Give the follwing script:

Sub PruebaAHA()
' Generated by the Reflection Macro Recorder on 08-31-2009 12:31:07.85.
' Generated by Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 14.0.

Const NEVER_TIME_OUT = 0

Dim LF As String ' Chr(rcLF) = Chr(10) = Control-J
Dim CR As String ' Chr(rcCR) = Chr(13) = Control-M
Dim valor As String
Dim a As Integer

LF = Chr(Reflection2.ControlCodes.rcLF)
CR = Chr(Reflection2.ControlCodes.rcCR)

Session.Transmit "ld 20" & Chr(13)
valor = Session.ReadLine
MsgBox valor

End Sub

When the session transmit command is executed and I then use the readline on the message box i receive the string I've send "ld 20" instead of the message "REQ:" which is the next prompt on the terminal. It appears as if the PC is quicker processing the lines that what I receive on the terminal. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Roser72

SomeTestBool = YourScreenObject.WaitForString("REQ:")

Will hold until system timeout value is reached or your screen is painted with "REQ:" returns bool

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back