Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Outlook is not sending attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

123gad

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2001
US
I hope anybody responds quickly, I sent an attachment, and now it will not sent, it is a big psd file, I zipped it it was still 24 MB, tried it anyway, now I'm stuck, it will not let me delete it.
I restarted my computer already 3 times, it's still sitting in my outbox, I cannot sent e-mail and cannot receive e-mail, any ideas what I can do.

Help. Thanks

ok calm down!!!! first off I want to know what OS you are using?? And if you are on Excnhange server or just a home user???

anyway...If home...I presume its outlook express or similar on Win98...so what happens when you try to delete it?? Do you get an error message?? (not much I know to do with that little info...)

If in work...and you are on Exchange server, go to the server and start MS Exchange Administrator, on the left of the window, choose 'connections', then on the right hand side of the window you should see 'Internet Mail Connection'.... double click this and you will get a grayish window with loads of tabs, go to the one called 'Queues', in there you should see your mail waining in the queue, along with others...just highlight it and click on 'delete'.

This is all I can help you with now, I need more info, especially if you are a home user with Win9x. Jay~

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare.

~KeyTech

Thanks for the reply. We are on a LAN with Internet Access thru ISDN. I'm using Windows 98 2nd edition, I use outlook 2000, we don't have an Exchange Server.
When I try to delete I get the Message MAPI is already spooling
Thanks again

What's happening is that as soon as you start Outlook you have your delivery instructions set to send immediately and so the message and attachment start spooling ie. loading. Because it's such a huge file you won't be able to delete this while this is happening. What you need to do is kill the auto send on connection procedure. To do this go to Options>Mail Delivery and uncheck "Send messages immediately when connected" and click OK. Close Outlook to stop the sending procedure which is already going. Re-start your PC and then re-open Outlook. You should then be able to delete this message because the send procedure will not have started automatically.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patricia Ansin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back