Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! Our HP Laserjet 2100TN has a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaMH

Technical User
Jul 23, 2001
US
Our HP Laserjet 2100TN only prints one page, then you have to hit the button for the next page. I believe the problem is that the printer has defaulted to Manual Feed. I have searched and searched to figure out how to change this, but I just can not figure it out.

It did this once before, but the person who fixed it is out on Short Term Disability and I don't want to bug him. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Put paper in the manual feed tray to verify that this is indeed the problem, if it just starts sucking paper then yes. If it is the problem you can cold reset the printer but be aware that this will blitz all your printer settings, including your network settings. So if your network is not DHCP and your printer is not configured by it don't do this.

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Hold down the big round button.
3) Turn the printer on while holding the big round button.
4) Let go of the big round button.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Thanks!!! I just figured this out and what you suggested worked, except I hit the small button. Thanks again.

each workstation or user has the ability to set manual feed and it is only for that particular job. once that job is completed, it will default back to auto select. if all print jobs have this problem, the manual feed can be turned off from the printer control panel or by reconfiguring the printer through jetadmin or printer properties on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back