Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on vbscript to change ACL flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilderb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
BR
Do anyone know a way to change "Allow inheritance to be propagated to child folder" that is on security tab of each NTFS folder and OU??? I need to change this flag for some of the folders I have in my server (not all folders).

Tks.

Hello

You have been looking at your reskit tools?

Lots of scriptable things there..

Not wery helpfull I'm afraid, but give it some effort :)

xcacls /g seems to be able to do it but it isnt entirely clear.

"Spec can be the same as perm and will only be applied to a directory. In this case, Perm will be used for file inheritence in this directory. If not omitted: Spec=Perm. Special values for Spec only:"

===============
Security Forums

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies. I really apreciated those, and they were very helpfull. Since I was in such a hurry, I solved the problem in a diferent way: I used a macro recorder to record keystrokes and play it back to change this seting for 3600 users! It was not so orthodox and not so fast, but worked fine! I used Perfect Keyboard Lite 5.0 and I recomend it to everyone. It took me about 1,5 hours to change 3 different settings for all users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back