Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Swift Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananta77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2006
US
Hi All,

Can anyone guide me thorugh to create a SWIFT message from a simple message with mercator.

Scenario will be like:

As an I/P, I've a simple message ( a text file) and I want to convert this to a valid SWIFT message.
So that o/p SWIFT msg will have all valid blocks. i.e.
1) Basic Header Block
2) Input Application Header Block
3) User Header Block (optional)
4) Text Block
5) Trailer Block

I'm familier now with creating trees,maps but not as of now with interation flow designs.

You should purchase the SWIFT pack. It has the trees you need.

It is a real bear to design a tree without the standards text, and even worse when you have it. :)

BTW, what version are you using and what version of SWIFT do you need?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I'm using Mercator 6.5 while SWIFT version , am not quite sure. When I was going thru docs on SWIFT, I noticed document saying :"The S.W.I.F.T. type tree is automatically installed during installation of the Design Studio".

Do I need to get SWIFT pack for the same? Pls guide me if I've to. Also does SWIFT tree type designer is different?

I tried opening swift example with type tree designer and it opened w/o any error. So does swift map with map designer.

The SWIFT pack is a chargeable extra with all the SWIFT type trees predefined and maintained by Ascential. All the mapping rules are in the provided documentation.
I believe there is a move towards XML definitions of the SWIFT messages. If you are going to use these you will need the schema and import it into Type Designer.

Also will need to upgrade to later version. 6.5.2 and XML were not that friendly. There is now more than one SWIFT tree.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Thanks.

How do I make sure that I've SWIFT pack with it. Is there any way to check some libraraies or like when I go to Start --> Program --> Mercator --> studio and it'll show me option for SWIFT trees?

As of now, it shows MAp Designer, Type Designer, Type Tree Maker etc etc.

If you've got the SWIFT pack you'll have the type trees as this is what it is. You should have SWIFT_ISO7775.mtt for the standard trees.

Hi,

I got the SWIFT pack now, SWIFT_ISO7775.mtt But still I'm not able to see SWIFT tree as like :

Block
Field
SubField
above compoenents aren't there yet.

Whenever I open my .mtt files, with SWIFT messages using type designer, it shows as normal trees and not with above compoenents.

Need your help, thanks in advance.

The collapsed tree should look like

0SWIFT
+0 Batch
+0 Block
+0 Field
+0 Message
+0 SubField

This will expand to all the message types etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back