Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on smblient 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggammit76

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
SG
Is there a command to stop smbclient from prompting yes/no at every file and copy everything that satisfies the mask? I was using the "mget" option to copy files into my linux machine. Its a drag when you have to transfer hundreds of files and have to answer yes/no to every one.

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Information is free....dont hog it!

Since we on the topic, I just tot I'd add in a little bit of my problem posted earlier but havent received any replies.

I use smbclient to pull a 94.6MB file from a win2K machine. It took almost 30mins. I think its kinda slow for normal standards.

Is there something that I have to do/config/tweak to achieve normal standards?

Any help is much appreciated. Information is free....dont hog it!

when u get connected to the specified share on the other machine using smbclient, use the "prompt" command. by default prompt will be on that is the reason why for every file transfer using mget confirmation is required, on issuing the prompt command it will be disabled, now u will be able to transfer all the files at a stretch. to turn on confirmation again issue the prompt command.

MrRohan

Thank you. It helped heaps!
Cant say likewise for the slow transfer though... Information is free....dont hog it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back