Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Power Mart : Repository Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

arzoocbe

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
Hi,

I am new to Informatica.
I Have created a Repository succesfully.
How can I create mappings??
Can Anyone helpme out to proceed further....

Thanks in Advance,
arzoo

If you have created your repository successfully, you will be able to see it in Infomatica Designer and Server Manager. Designer is where you configure sources / targets, develop mappings, etc. Server Manager is the interface that allows you to create sessions to run / schedule your mapping development.

Hope this helps,

dinzana

well, i guess you got documentation with informatica, try step by step from getting started guide(gstarted.pdf) it helps a lot.. just go step by step............... ô¿ô Kishore

hi,
First thing after creating the repository is..
Create a folder in the repository manager..
after tht go to the designer,connetc to the repository
and select the folder ,select the option TOOLS , there
u have all the tools to create the sources(source analyzer) and targets(warehouse designer) and mapping(Mpping designer)
and proceed.....
Hope this would help u...
Good luck.....

Hi arzoo,After U create repository add folder to U'r repository in Repository manager.U can do this by using the menu item Add Folder.Then come to Designer to create mapings.Designer consists of 5 different tools Source Analyzer,Warehouse Designer,mapping Designer,Mapletdesigner,Transformation Developer.
U have to create mapings in maping designer and then save it in to repository.

Regards
Ravi Yanumula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back