Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Norstar ICS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptech

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I am having problems with our system periodically re-booting on its own and doesn't leave any alarm or events codes stating what has happen. It will do this for a week at a time, then it stops. The system is connected to a UPS system.

Are your amphenol cables secure? Is your system mounted somewhere that may experience undue vibrations (i.e. a door being slammed, don't laugh I've seen a system mounted on a door!) Have you experience any power issues. I know the system is hooked to a UPS but I've seen batteries in these units fail. Maybe after hours you could test this by unplugging the UPS and see if it actually keeps the system running and for how long. Does it keep it running for the rated amount of time. Just some ideas. Keep us posted.
Thanks,
John

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

In addition to checking the amphenol cables, check the power cord where it actually plugs into the ICS. Perhaps that is loose

Thanks for iformation, we're replacing the UPS today and will keep you posted.

We had this same problem recently. The Tech happened to be in the telco room just after it rebooted and found the music on hold tape rewinding and knew the problem wasnt anything to do with the phone system. He replaced the ups and all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back