Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP on GW6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2001
US
User B wants to have User A emails since user A is no longer with the company. User A and User B on same domain and post office. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.

Hi sp-

Wants to have all existing email, or all new incoming email?
Assumming it's all new incoming:
Personally, at least to start with, I would keep user A active, and within user's A rules, create one that auto forwards all email to user B.

As a longer term option, you could delete user A (email), and set up an alias for user B - with user As old email address. That way all/any email would be sent directly to your user B.

I suggest the first because (in my experience) everytime you delete a user or email, someone ALWAYS wants something else (tasks, calendar, etc....) and once deleted, it's pretty much gone for good.

Good Luck !

Actually user B wants all existing of user A's email and how can I do this with console one ?
Thanks for the help.....

As Michigan said, you are probably better off logging into this person's account, open Tools,Rules, and create a rule that forwards all email directed to this account to the other user. I would then manually forward anything in this person's mailbox to the person that wants these emails. I use this same setup in my place of business and it works like a charm.

Thanks michigan And cderow. Since user B wants to read old email of user A...i went to tools..option..security and proxy it to user B email and works fine.

Another option, a bit more work, but it's another option

1. Archive user A email, all of it, then delete user A ID (thats if managment will let you).

2. Create a "nickname" of user A groupwise ID for user B to accept all incomming e-mail to his mail box (it will show who it was sent to in the e-mail).

3. Use the FID editor and change the user A archive to user B GroupWise FID. User B will then be able to open it from his client.

4. User B can pull user A mail into his own mail box, or just leave it in the archive.

5. Create a rule on user B mail box to move all incomming mail for user A into a folder in user B cabinet

Like I said, a bit more involved, but this is the option most of my client choose since it just works and they don't have to switch to a proxy connection to check the former employee's mail .... lawyers, their lazy Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center - East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back