Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help on ftp please read.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

golpemortal

Programmer
Jul 3, 2001
US
how can I set more than one ftp using the same IP and the same port I just want to change the DNS, But how can do it
please help me out i need the know how

Please elaborate.
Without a more detailed description of your problem, it's difficult to help.

Thank you.

(GolpeMortal - Is it that deadly?)

Using the same IP and port on one server, you can't. The FTP server software must open a TCP socket in "Listen" mode, and only one listener can be on any address/port combination.

You can, however, buy FTP server software that will direct incoming users to a specific directory. The Microsoft FTP server doesn't do this (at least under my copy of NT 4.0).

We have such at work called FTP-MAX 2000, which is rather interesting -- it uses a MS SQL database to store the FTP site and control access. It's only drawback is that it can take up to 60 seconds for a new file to appear in it's listings (that's it's refresh rate).

Chip H.

I'm usisng IIs 5.0 on windows 2000 adv server and i read on others threads that you can host more than one ftp using one IP and sameport 21 and just change the DNS or something and i try the ports and it works but then my clients needs to know the port and i don't wanna do that i just want them to find their ftp by their site i know their other ftp server but i like the IIS 5.0 and i wanna work on this and i know their must be someone who knows IIS 5.0 from top to buttom...

hey, NightWatcher GOLPEMORTAL yes is DEADLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back