Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsadas

Programmer
May 27, 2003
US
I have few reports in BO, when the user opens them it should be showing in Excel Spreadsheet.

Is there any way to automate this, like a Macro that triggers once the report is generated and exports it to Excel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Jags

The Broadcast Agent can export text files. If you export with an extension of .tab, then those file will open up in Excel.

In V6, the Broadcast agent can save to Excel directly.

Another option is to use a macro that saves as excel. THese do exist.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update!
Any pointers on where can I get help on Macros or some sample Macors to refer.

Rgds
Jags

Send me and email and I'll send you a macro for exporting to Excel.

Do you have an SDK license. You need one if you are to use macros or scripts.

skrandel@baseconsulting.com

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Steve, what does SDK actually stand for, it's been bugging me for ages????

And it is not the answer to all the worlds problems. I think the answer "Use the SDK" is wrong about 90% of the time. I have been using BO for almost 7 years and have never had to deploy a script.

Using a script to send email from BCA is fine. Using the SDK to do some automation is fine. But deploying scripts to your users to accomplish some task should be carefully thought about. Most situations can be solved using the product without customization.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back