Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on directory/searchpath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekiQ

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
BG
I had done a quiz. The quiz will retrieve questions from an access database. The quiz will be placed at all the computers and the database will be placed a network. I had mapped the network drive as X and specified the searchpath as X:\Project\Quiz\. I insert the database and a flash movie inside the folder. When I ran the quiz, the flash movie will show up but the question won't come out. May I know what is the problem and how can I solve it?

I also tried to specified the FileLocation for the database as

DB List:=DB List^"DBQ="^FileLocation^"X:\\Project\\Quiz\\Database\\QuizMaster.mdb;"

but the questions also won't come out. Can anybody help me with this? Thank You very much!

How are you connecting to the database? Datagrip, V12, ODBC? The specifics on how to do this vary quite a bit depending on what you're using to access the database.

Are you using the DB List variable in a function later to get the data from the database or are you trying to get the data in the code you listed. Putting the FileLocation variable in there right next to the path to the database looks like it might not be doing what you expect it to. This is what the value of the variable DB List will probably be:

DB List Value DBQ=C:\Program Directory\X:\Project\Quiz\Database\Quizmaster.mdb

Is that what you want at it to be?

steve

Ok, Thank You for your help. I will give it a try, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back