Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Command Line Arguments in BO 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusObj

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
Im kinda new to BO. and im encountering this problem.
I have to call Business objects from command line giving
>Busobj.exe -var security.txt ...
I have my parameter file security.txt as
BOUSER=user1
BOPASS=secret
my_var=France

this my_var variable has a prompt in its where clause.
Cust_Country.country IN @Prompt ('Choose country', 'A', 'Cust_Country\Country', MULTI, FREE)
When i refresh the document, it prompts me to enter the value and it filters accordingly, fine.
But when i call it from the command prompt giving my_var=France,like above, it never filters it for France and the prompt holds the value that i had previously typed in some time before and it filters the report on that some other country. What could be the reason. What should be done for BO to take this variable value for the prompt. (so that the user neednt enter the prompt value and should take it from this file my_var value) Can anyone help?

Thanks
KKay

Hello,

You are mixing 2 things here, the application variables and the prompts.
You can pass a variable through the text file and use it to filter you report (through a complex filter for example) using the function =ApplicationValue("my_var")

You can also prepopulate your prompt but in you text file, it will have to be define as well. So your text file will look like:
BOUSER=user1
BOPASS=secret
my_var=France
Choose country=France
(Be careful, the variables are case sensitive)
If you set your document to be refreshed on Open, the prompt will take the value France here and your user won't be prompted anymore.

I hope it will help.
Cheers,
Macbride.

The 'my_var' value is the name of the prompt rather than a variable. So your prompt should be @Prompt('my_var',....). When you create a promt in BusinessObjects it creates a variable (in memory) with the same name as the prompt. By loading the text file on startup you're pre-assigning a value to this variable and eliminating the prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back