Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Ch ars digit conversion fields 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00kie

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
US
On the change ars digit conv table there are a couple of fields that I'm not sure about. they are "net" "conv" and "ANI req". Does anyone have info on what these actually control? I have them set to "ext", "y" and "n" right now.

From the book...

ANI Req

This field applies only if the Request Incoming ANI (non-AAR/ARS) field on the
Multifrequency-Signaling-Related System Parameters screen is n.

Valid entries Usage
y/n Enter y to require ANI on incoming R2-MFC or Russian MF ANI calls.

r Allowed only if the Allow ANI Restriction on AAR/ARS field is y on the Feature-Related System Parameters screen. Use to drop a call on a Russian Shuttle trunk or Russian Rotary trunk if the ANI
request fails. Other types of trunks treat r as y.

Conv

Valid entries Usage
y/n Enter y to allow additional digit conversion.

Net

Enter the call-processing server network used to analyze the converted number.

Valid entries Usage

ext, aar, ars Analyze the converted digit-string as an extension number, an AAR address, or an ARS address.

More laymans terms can be supplied if nec.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I did find that in one of the PDFs I downloaded. One more quick thing. What happens if this is set to n? does that mean you cannot add any more entries? what exactly is it telling us we cannot allow additional digit conversion

Conv

Valid entries Usage
y/n Enter y to allow additional digit conversion.

Example you dial 4 digits 2222. That is in your aar digit conversion table as del =4 replace 12015551212 net=ars. So you will now send that call over to your ars table where depending on if you have conv = yes or no, will determine if the call is able to get converted again. If yes you could convert the call again. If no the call is being routed as 12015551212.

Most of my conversions are set to NO. I use this feature as toll savings for people you refuse to 4 digit dial and route via IP. For some reason people like to 11 digit dial other offices. But I wont let those calls route via the PSTN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back