Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on call log and redial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gugs

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I have an ipo403 v2.1 and I am having problems with the call log and the redial on the 4620 ip hardphone. Everything says unavalible even if the caller id comes through to the phone any ideas on what my problem might be?

Check that the user has some appearance buttons programmed.

Open the IP Office configuration in Manager in the user settings look in the Button Programming (or Digital Telephony dependign on language) tab.

There are 2 call appearance buttons programed on each phone. I am not sure what else to do. Any more ideas?

?Is your IP Office using a dialing prefix for out going calls.

? and is that prefix appearing in the CLI of incoming calls.

If yes to the first and no to the last, go to the line settings in IP Office Manager and look for a field called Prefix where you should enter the outdialing prefix. This will modify the incoming CLIs so that they can be reused for outgoing calls.

sizbut's post should fix the "unavailable" problem. However - I find this feature more or less useless anyway, as incoming long distance calls do not arrive with a 1 in the callerID. How do you setup the system to dial the 1 when needed, and drop it when not?? The only time I've used this is for a client with 99% of their callers being out of town.

Peter

hm that seems like another strike for the US telecom network.

Perhaps if you adjust your prefix to always insert the 1 & then use some shortcodes in LCR you would be able to strip it for local calls.

at least in europe we get calls flaged as either national, or international & can add the necessary prefixes 0 or 00, allincomming cli is presented as a full national number.

You can add more to the Line's prefix field than users actually dial as the external prefix, ie. enter 91. I'm hoping that dialing the national prefix on a local number still results in a local call.

I can see how its very much less than perfect. E1 lines have fields for local/national/internal prefix as the call type is indicated by the line provider.

Sadly it all stems from the original designers intent that you don't need to dial a prefix, just dial the number and let the switch work out internal/external/etc. But users habits are hard to break.

Thanks for all the help. I will give it a try and let you know how it works.

That site I mentioned that has 99% out of town customers, 91 is in fact what I entered in the prefix field.

Sadly, no, we cannot dial the 1 first for local calls, the PSTN will refuse to route the call and provide the caller with an error message.

I will experiment with using shortcodes to strip the 1 for local though - it had occured to me just no time to test it lately. Also for some reason it "feels" like although this would work for user dialed calls it won't for Phone Manager or redial from call log stuff. Silly I know - I should try it and find out.

Peter

an example from uk, source number (01438)123456
CLI presented as 1348 123456
line prefix 90

to dial as local code without 01438 std code

Short code 901438N
Telephone number N
Feature Dial.

But I am sure you have worked this out already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back