Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on BIX panel cabling 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashboosh

MIS
Mar 2, 2008
SA
Hi,
I am new to the Telephone PBX world and I am starting with a work of Nortel BCM50. The package arrived and i found a 25 pair amphenol (or RJ21?!) cable along with a Belden BIX panel.

Is there a simple guide on how to do the BIX patch cabling to teach a novice? the BCM documentation didnt help much. If there is a specific documentation on how to wire between a BCM50, BIX and digital phone connections.

Thanks and i appreciate any input

First of all make sure to use a BIX tool. If you don't have one, start searching ebay or a supplier for one.

Finding a BIX punchdown tool will be easy for me, will buy it. Where can I find further help on punching and best practice procedures? Please support me with some photos and documentations, if available.

Thanks

There is a rack mountable patch panel made by Nortel to simplfy the BCM50 install, it's got icons, and easy connection for the MOH, and page. I've been punching cable for 28 years and installing BCM50s since they first came out. I would use this part if at all possible, and you'll not have to punch 1 cable pair.

Adversity is Opportunity

In my book BELDEN/BIX cross-connect system is one of the BEST!

I have been doing BIX since 1980!

bashboosh,

Both of links posted above should provide enough info and pictures. If you have any questions just post them. Part of the secret is planning, layout and understanding the BIX concept.

....JIM....

Thank you KMT and Syquest for the useful document and info.

bix sucks trow it away and down grad to 66 blocks alot more easyer to trace out and use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back