Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! OLE Server connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuti

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a MS Accress project (adp) databae as the front-end and SQL server as the back-end. When I try to access a specific report, I get the message that there is a problem connecting to the OLE server. Then the mesage lists the possible fixes. I haven't tried htem as yet, since I dont' think any are applicable.

The problem is that it is only happening on desktops loaded with Windows 2000. The report works fine on machines with Windows NT.

Any ideas?

PS>> How would I reinstall the OLE server if I needed to?

Thanks in advance :)

I think no. Try to use SQL Server autentification with full SQLServer password and UserID. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Thanks for your reply.

The datbase is already using SQL server authentication.

I think the access project is already using sql server authentication.

When the user opens up access poject, system prompts them for userid adn password to access sql server connection. Is that what I think you mean?

Thanks.

Yes.
Are you using linked to SQLServer tables? or you use an Access-SQLServer project? John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back