Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help ! OE Acting Weird !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohandleleft

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
I'm running OE5.5 and is acting wierd. When I go to send a msg I get an error window that says: "This msg contains some text having a character set other than the default
character set. When sending this msg you have the following options:
Send As Unicode
Send As Is
Cancel"

So I send AS IS and it all seems to go okay.

The spell checker isn't working. It comes on a word (that is spelled correctly) and gives the option to change it to
"??". So I just cancel and send it.

Last but not least is "Copy/Paste" within mgs's. Sometimes people don't have the previous msg attached and it's important to me to have the papertrail so I do the "copy/past" between the two e-mails but the paste doesn't work and I get the error: explorer.exe or msimm.exe

I have tried the MS/KB articles but can't come up with anything that answers the question. Any help would be
appreciated. TNX !

What OS are you using.

Before posting, Please reboot your machine and try starting OE again and sending a message to see whether the first error of character set appears again.

regards
MP

I have done that many times before posting. This problem
has been going on for over 1 week. I tried to solve it
myself before posting. I have 20 years experience with hardware and software but this has me stumped. And now
that I'm retired I don't have the $'s to pay Microsoft
to look it up in their book and give me the answers so
I look to fellow users for help.....TNX

I would go to microsoft.com and download Internet Explorer from the downloads page it will also reinstall Outlook Express, that should fix the issues you are seeing.

I have a user that is having exactly the same problems. If I find a solution, I will post it, and I'll be keeping an eye on this to see if anyone else finds the answer.

Thanks, all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back