Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!NO ICONS/TASKBAR ON DESKTOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saher16

Technical User
May 19, 2003
DE
HI!
I have no icons/taskbar on my desktop .i can open task manager and with help i can open more options .i cant right click please help

thx

Try this

open task manager
click new task
enter explorer.exe
From there (if it works) perform a system restore to a known good configuration point)

well, it doesnt work i have already tried to do that but i cant start explorer.exe and a restore doesnt help too. thx for your answer ali alfa147gta

I cant reinstall windows ! i have too many important programs on my pc i hope that there is a simple solution . reinstall is my last solution

You will not lose your programs or data from a reinstall. The only thing you will lose is your hotfixes from Microsoft Update service.

Your programs and data are safe. But please print out and follow the instructions exactly.

well than i think i have to do that but not yet i will try to find another solution and i havent got the xp cd now

While you are waiting on the XP CD, do a very thorogh virus scan. It sounds like you have the SirCam virus.

i have started a sircam remove prog but it doesnt find a sircam

Just a guess. I'm happy that is not the problem.
Now, to find that CD ....

good luck, by the way. The upgrade/maintenance reinstallation is not hard to do, and will not harm your data or programs. Remember though to give yourself some time soon to let Windows Update site do a scan and reinstall of critical updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back