Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! ....Newbie Needs CodeView Debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravy24

Programmer
Feb 24, 2002
IN
Hi friends,
I am new to assembly language programmin. I havn't yet started experimenting with it, but is eagerly looking
to write my first assembly code. Last night I downloaded
a few required softwares, MASM assembler (ie ml.exe and link.exe) and kept them in a directory named c:\masm\bin.
Also downloaded UCR standard library into c:\masm\lib.
Set the paths...and assembled! Wow.... errors!! Heard that Codeview is one of the best debugging tool. Where can I get
it? Or did I get all the required softwares...? Please help!

Praveen

If you downloaded the entire package you now have a directory inside \MASM called BINR. There you'll found a set of files CV*.* These files are all CodeView related, CV is a dos-boxed version and CVW is the Win version. You might get the following error message when CVW is executed: " CVW1.386 is not loaded in SYSTEM.INI. Please reinstall CVW". This is due to the fact that some hand modifications are required in the system.ini file in order to execute CVW.

Hi DarkLord,
Thank you very much for the kind reply. But I dont think I
downloaded the whole MSAM package. In fact I downloaded BINS_DDK1.exe and 98SETUP.exe and installed them. I didnt see any CV-prefixed exes (other than CVPACK.exe and CVTRES.exe). I am working on Win2000 platform. Please send
me the download-link of the entire MASM package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back